Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thomas Can Ride a Bike!

To understand the significance of this event, a little history is necessary. Back when he was 6, Thomas was doing very well with his training wheels. Then one day when I had to fix a tire on his bike I decided that he could probably do without the training wheels and took them off. Thomas was so angry that I had taken off the training wheels without his permission that he refused to get on a bike again for six years. I offered to put the training wheels back on, but that only brought forth a resounding "Huh!" And, you have to understand, this is entirely typical behavior for Thomas. Once his mind is set on something, he is unmovable, especially if he feels he has been treated unfairly. So it was a great joy to see him pedaling around the street like any other child.

1 comment:

Carole67 said...

I am not sure why, but this pleases me no end.

I guess I think there is something unnatural, ( and a missing joy ) for kids who don't ride bikes!!!

Yeaa Thomas!!!!